Wine Estate Fendel

Kontakt

Weingut Friedrich Fendel
Marienthaler Straße 46
65385 Rüdesheim am Rhein

Telefon: +49 (0) 67 22 - 90 57 - 0
Telefax: +49 (0) 67 22 - 90 57 - 66

E-Mail: info@friedrich-fendel.de
Internet: www.friedrich-fendel.de

TRADITION FOR OVER 500 YEARS

Since 1510 the Fendel-Hetzert family has been in the winemaking business. Today, 14,5 hectares are under cultivation, 85% Riesling is produced. The remaining 15% is cultivated with Pinot Noir which is pressed white or used for red wine. Vineyards are situated in Rüdesheim and Geisenheim, all south-facing Taunus slopes with gradients of up to 65%. Soil structure ranges from sandy clay, loam to heavy, warmth-retentive slate.

The family owns a substantial amount of vineyards in the classified site Rüdesheim Berg. The “Grosse Lagen“(Grand Cur sites) include Berg Schlossberg, Berg Rottland and Berg Roseneck. In addition to the main winery in Rüdesheim, the family also owns a smaller wine estate in the world renowned red wine oasis of Assmannshausen.

Here, red wine is produced from the top sites Assmannshausen Höllenberg and Assmannshausen Frankenthal. The vineyards are eco-friendly cultivated and grapes harvested selectively. Grapes are pressed whole. Fermentation is temperature controlled and wine is matured in small casks and small steel tanks.

Contact us by phone

+49 (0) 67 22 / 94 40 277

Send us an email

info@rheinweinwelt.de

Follow us on Facebook

www.facebook.com/rheinweinwelt